Sunday, February 3, 2013

The other day I went to yoga. I went to a healing class because I may have torn my ACL. Never the less I was the youngest person in the class by +30 years. 

I went, I practiced, I wasn't the most flexible, and enjoyed it none the less. The arm stands and back bend that I am capable were not for show and tell that class. It was about relaxing and becoming in tuned with your body. I can't even remember if we ever went into downward dog; but that wasn't the point in the class. 

Leaving after our hour and a half class left me joyful and happy. Happy to be young and able, happy to have started yoga before I was disparately injured, and happy to be able to share a class with women whom are way more wise. 

"Yoga teaches us to cure what need not be endured and endure what cannot be cured." 
B.K.S. Iyenga

No comments:

Post a Comment