Monday, June 17, 2013

Today is my first day of summer. After finishing my finals on Friday a long needed break from school has begun. Now I am in Fresno and ready to start a fun summer with my boyfriend. A summer full of biking, climbing, running, swimming, and luckily YOGA!!! I fell out of practice as my motivation declined while attending a "corporate yoga facility." I injured my shoulder as a result of a class pushing me too hard without a proper warm-up. Last summer I searched for yoga in Fresno and didn't have any result. This time I found something that I am beyond excited to attend. Below is the quote on the front page of their website. I feel this is a call to arms for yoga....enjoy :)


"When you practice yoga, you are able to live through stressful times without becoming stressed. Because The Yoga Center of Fresno's main goal is for you to experience mental and physical relaxation, we teach the postures in the proper way to release stress stored in muscles while shaping the body. 
To some yoga is just another exercise program where well-shaped buns are the only goal. Pictures in magazines and other publications emphasize difficult yoga postures as the goal. Yoga sessions are performed like a gymnastics contest to determine the best yogi. This all has changed the public's perception of the true purpose and meaning of yoga. This is in part the great difference between modern yoga and The Yoga Center of Fresno's Yoga of the Old Masters. "


http://www.yogacenterfresno.com/students.html


No comments:

Post a Comment